Scotland is now under lockdown restrictions, under these restrictions physiotherapy services are still permitted as we are a statutory regulated body. Face to Face appointments are permitted for essential healthcare. This may be because your problem is affecting your physical or mental well being, affecting your ability to care for someone or to do your job. Virtual consultations are always considered the first approach, but sometimes this is not enough.
At The Physio Stop, the health and safety of our patient has always been a priority and we are currently working hard to ensure that we have all the necessary procedures and equipment in place to ensure all our staff and patients stay safe and well.
We are open but we are not working as ‘normal’. We have put together a summary of what you can expect.
Booking your appointment
- When you phone to book an appointment, we will take all your details as normal including an email address. If you book online, we will call or email you after we receive the booking.
- We will ask you some screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to attend the clinic, these are based on the government guidelines.
- We will discuss with you whether a face to face appointment or a virtual consultation is best.
- An appointment will be booked and you will receive by email an information sheet detailing all the procedures to expect when you arrive. Please take time to read this and ask any questions you may have.
On arrival at the clinic
- Please wear a mask (as the new strain is spreading very quickly, we ask you wear a mask not a cloth covering) – we have spares if you do not have one.
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please let us know before you arrive at the clinic.
- Please do not arrive early, we are spacing appointments to ensure no crossover in the waiting room and to allow cleaning between appointments.
- Do not bring anyone with you and do not bring unnecessary bags.
- Enter the main door and you will see a STOP sign, please wait here until the receptionist comes to you.
- They will ask your name to check you have an appointment as there are no drop in appointments allowed. They will be wearing PPE and will take your temperature, providing this is normal, you can enter the waiting room.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided and take a seat, observing social distancing.
- The receptionist will review your screening questions and ask you to sign a consent form.
- The physiotherapist will wear appropriate PPE when needed and will observe social distancing for the majority of the appointment.
- Please pay by card if possible, or by BACS.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on leaving.
If you require further information or have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.