Scotland is now easing restrictions and we are continuing to monitor advice regarding healthcare. We are able to see clients face to face providing it is safe to do so. We do still offer virtual appointments for those who prefer or those who have a health problem that would put them at risk if they attended the clinic.
At The Physio Stop, the health and safety of our patient has always been a priority and we are currently working hard to ensure that we have all the necessary procedures and equipment in place to ensure all our staff and patients stay safe and well.
We are open but we are not working as ‘normal’. We have put together a summary of what you can expect.
Booking your appointment
- When you phone to book an appointment, we will take all your details as normal including an email address. If you book online, we will call or email you after we receive the booking.
- We will ask you some screening questions to ensure that it is safe for you to attend the clinic, these are based on the government guidelines.
- We will discuss with you whether a face to face appointment or a virtual consultation is best.
- An appointment will be booked and you will receive by email an information sheet detailing all the procedures to expect when you arrive. Please take time to read this and ask any questions you may have.
On arrival at the clinic
- Please wear a mask – we have spares if you do not have one. Although in England masks are not longer compulsory in most settings, they are still mandatory in healthcare settings.
- If you are exempt from wearing a mask, please let us know before you arrive at the clinic.
- Please do not arrive early, we are spacing appointments to ensure no crossover in the waiting room and to allow cleaning between appointments.
- Do not bring anyone with you and do not bring unnecessary bags.
- Enter the main door and you will see a STOP sign, please wait here until the receptionist comes to you.
- They will ask your name to check you have an appointment as there are no drop in appointments allowed. They will be wearing PPE and will take your temperature, providing this is normal, you can enter the waiting room.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided and take a seat, observing social distancing.
- The receptionist will review your screening questions and ask you to sign a consent form.
- The physiotherapist will wear appropriate PPE when needed and will observe social distancing for the majority of the appointment.
- Please pay by card if possible, or by BACS.
- Please use the hand sanitiser on leaving.
If you require further information or have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.